Friday’s inauguration was called the most prayerful inauguration in US presidential history because it included six prayers. For his part, Franklin Graham wrapped it up by quoting 1 Timothy 2:1-6 which is part of Paul’s instructions to Timothy about how to lead the church.
1. What does this passage tell churches to do?
2. To have peace is “good and acceptable in the sight of God”. Why does the text suggest peace is good and acceptable to God?
3. What motivations do you see there for why churches should be concerned for the lost?
4. What is “the truth” in verse 4?
5. What does 1 Timothy 3:15 say about the truth and the purpose of the church?
A FAITHFUL SAYING
6. The expression “a faithful saying” is used 5 times in Paul’s letters to Timothy and Titus. What does that expression suggest to you? What are a few of the “faithful sayings”?
7. Read 1 Timothy 1:12-17. What is the “faithful saying” in this text?
8. What example do we have in this context of God saving sinners?
9. What does 2 Timothy 2:1 say about WHO should be involved in teaching?