A recap of last nights class in which we looked at how Jesus responded to the woman caught in adultery and also how he responded to Peter after he had denied Jesus:
- Jesus illustrated the term “tender mercies” in how he interacted with the woman. In contrast to the scribes and Pharisees who threw her out for everyone to gawk at, Jesus looked down and wrote on the ground and finally confronted her after everyone had left.
- Jesus chose to forgive instead of condemn: “I do not condemn you”.
- Jesus forgave, but upheld morality: “go and sin no more”.
- Jesus sought to help Peter. First He prayed for his faith not to fail (Luke 22:32), then He looked at Peter (Luke 22:61), then He made a special effort to reconnect with Peter (Luke 24:34, 1 Corinthians 15:5).
- He engaged Peter in a discussion that gave Peter an opportunity to reaffirm his faith (John 21:15-19).
- Jesus gave Peter another chance: Feed My Lambs, Feed My Sheep (John 21:15-19)
We are to follow Jesus example!